NIAS football program
NIAS 2018 Boys Squad
Jeremiah Barbara- Tamworth
Luke Bonello- Coonabarabran
Angus Cameron- Tamworth
Jonathon Dunbar- Armidale
Stuart Epworth- Armidale
Andrew Henderson- Armidale
Marley Lynch- Armidale
Jeremey Milo- Woolomin
Daniel Ramazani- Armidale
Jack Reay- Tamworth
Jye Saxby- Armidale
Henry Schultz- Black Mountain
Harry Sinclair- Armidale
Boedee Thompson- Hillvue
Alexander Williams- Armidale
Anthony Wilson- Tamworth
Luke Wilson- Armidale
Cameron Winter- Glen Innes
2018 Girls Squad
Amy-Louise Armstrong- Moree
Miriam Barbara- Tamworth
Nakeisha Burgess- Tamworth
Kaityln Burgess- Tamworth
Lily Coleman - Narrabri
Leah Elton- Tamworth
Chelsea Lee Emery- Tamworth
Aimee Fladrick - Narrabri
Emma James- Attunga
Jessica James- Attunga
Taryn Ramage- Armidale
Piper Rankmore- Gunnedah
Claire Sullivan - Tamworth
Tahli Thompson- Tamworth
Milla Thompson- Tamworth
Gabrielle Weller- Tamworth
Niamh Whittal- Coonabarabran
Pheobe Wilson- Tamworth
Who is Eligible
Male athletes should be born (01, 02, 03), reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Female athletes should be aged under 16 in 2018 (born 01, 02) reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 18 athletes may be offered a place in the Football Programs based on performances at selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based on performances and attitude and commitment to Football.
Scholarship offered is for the period, December 2017 to November 2018.
- regional training camps
- Sydney tour - Wednesday 12 to Friday 14 July 2018 (dates to be confirmed)
Sydney FC vs Arsenal - Thursday 13 July
- GROWTH Day (Educational Component) - 11th February 2018
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills as an identified pathway for development from Northern Inland Football programs with a focus being placed on providing opportunities beyond the Northern Inland region.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The NIAS Football Program will feature regional training camps.
Saturday 25th February, SportUNE, 9am to 5pm
Sunday 19th March, Gunnedah, 10am to 3pm
Saturday 1st or Sunday 2nd April (date to be confirmed) 9am to 5pm
Sunday 23rd April, Gunnedah, 10am to 3pm
Sunday 7th May, Gunnedah, 10am to 3pm
Sunday 21st May, Gunnedah, 10am to 3pm
Sydney Tour Date Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th July 2018
to be held at SportUNE in Armidale, with these camps offering athletes four days coaching. The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness and skill sessions will be the major focus as they look to develop the athletes in the game of Football. Athletes will have 1 squad tour as part of their program - Newington College Sydney Tour.
In July athletes will attend the NIAS GROWTH Day. This program covers education sessions on Goal Setting, Resilience, Opportunities beyond sport, Wealth management, TV, radio and print media and Healthy mind healthy body..
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day- including lunch for athlete and one parent.
- NIAS merchandise- Tracksuit pants, hoodie, polo shirt, training shirt, training shorts, socks, cap and football playing kit
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to the Annual Academy Awards
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Football is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $180 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $180 GST inclusive
Football Clothing Pack: $250 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 28 August 2017
Close Date: 30 April 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com