Gunnedah Services & Bowling Club Lonestar Program
Mathew Campion - Pinkett
Jack Davis - Tamworth
Stuart Geddes - Armidale
Emma Klasen - Appleby
Jessica Maher - Moree
Fletcher Partlin - Tamworth
River Pentecost - Delungra
Amelia Mazzei - Armidale
Mark Stones - Tamworth
2017 Program Manager
Who is Eligible
Male and Female athletes aged between 14-18 in 2017 live in the Northern Inland region, who have been selected within their chosen sport at state or national level.
Up to 8 regional based athletes may be offered a scholarship based on their recent performances, ranking and recommendations from respective state sporting organisations. Applications will be assessed by the NIAS Lonestar selection panel. Personal interviews may be called for.
Scholarship offered is for a 12 month period, November 2016 to November 2017
Lonestar athletes receive individual cash grants and support. These Scholarships are designed to assist athletes defray the costs of training and competing at a high level of such at state and national representation
- Athletes may be involved in an individual or team sport.
- Athletes who are eligible to apply for a NIAS squad based program during 2017 are ineligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the most recent performances by the athlete at state age level or equivalent.
- An athlete can only have a 'Lonestar' scholarship for 2 years.
- Athlete must be a member of a regional and or state sporting body.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Lonestar requires the athletes to maintain monthly communication with the NIAS office in Particular the Athlete Services Manager. Athletes selected in the Program are required to:
- Attend the induction.
- RACE Workshops.
- Be involved as a volunteer at a community event eg Volunteering at your sport for a junior competition.
- Involved in a Media interview via Radio, Television or Newspaper.
- Monthly Reporting.
- Attendance at NIAS annual awards night.
- Financial support, total reimbursement grant of $500 to go toward expenses incurred in gaining access to higher quality competition, training, facility access, gym fees etc.
- NIAS GROWTH Day ticket
- NIAS merchandise- training shirt, polo, shorts, full tracksuit, cap and socks. Additional items available for purchase.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Media Recognition.
- Attend all program activities.
- Lonestar Sport is no 1 sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Open Date: 1 September 2016
Close Date: 1 November 2016
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed