NIAS RUGBY LEAGUE program
2017 Rugby League Squad
Beau Abraham - Tamworth
Kobe Bone - Tamworth
Jhett Butler - Tamworth
Albie Copeland - Coolah
Trae Cronin - Tamworth
Khiran Egel - Mungindi
Bradley Fernance - Moree
Jaiden French - Armdiale
Malli French - Moree
Blake Ginman - Tamworth
Daniel Kelly - Tamworth
Corey Kennedy - Glen Innes
Blair Maloney - Tamworth
Andrew Marle - Warialda
James Marsham - Tamworth
Braydon Reid - Tamworth
Corey Ricketts - Moree
Jacob Robinson - Moree
Blake Ryan - Narrabri
Wayne Seabrook - Tamworth
Jack Todd - Moree
James Walker - Tamworth
Head Coach - Peter Stevens
Assistant Coach - Richard Ingram
Program Manager - Scott Bone
Who is Eligible
Male athletes who turn 15 in 2017, reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 25 male players may be offered a place in the Rugby League Program based on performances selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based performances and attitude and commitment to Rugby League.
Scholarship offered is for the period, August 2016 to March 2017.
Selection Day - xxth October - Armidale
NIAS Induction - Saturday 4th February
March - Sleep in camp - Tamworth
April - Training Camp - Tamworth
May - Training Camp - Tamworth
June - Training Camp - Tamworth
July - Tour - Central Coast/Sydney
NIAS GROWTH DAY - 4th February
NIAS Awards Night - 5th August
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in regional, state and national teams.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The program includes skill development, team development, testing, games against quality opposition and a Tour to Sydney (including a training session at the Sydney Roosters, attending a Sydney Roosters game as well as a team against a Sydney team (to be confirmed).
In February athletes are to attend the NIAS GROWTH DAY. This program covers education sessions on
Opportunities beyond Sport
TV, Radio and Print Media
Health and Wellbeing
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day
- Regional training sessions.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $165 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $165 GST inclusive
Rugby League Clothing Pack: $225 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 1 September 2016
Close Date: 30 November 2016
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed