Applications for the 2022/2023 NIAS Mountain Biking program OPEN on 9 September and CLOSE on 21 October, 2022.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
Athletes must be aged 12-17 years of age in 2023 (born 2011 - 2006).
Coach & Manager Nominations for the 2022/2023 - Sport Program Application
Should you require more information, please contact the NIAS office on 6766 2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes aged between 12 and 17 years in 2023 (born 2011 - 2006), reside in Northern Inland region.
Selection Process & Criteria
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on previous race performance. Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day and will be required to undergo a time trial and skills assessment.
The opportunity is offered for the period, November 2022- August 2023 with a skill based technical and tactical program along with off-bike performance support.
Please find below the proposed 2022/2023 NIAS MTB Program and note that these dates are subject to change.
3 x Regional Training Sessions in 2022
Trials: 29 & 30 October – Tamworth
12/13 November – Induction & Training Session 1 (Tamworth)
26/27 November – Training Session 2
10/11 December – Training Session 3
3 x Regional Training Sessions in 2023
4/5 February – Training Session 4
25/26 February – Training Session 5
18/19 March – Training Session 6
Your Local Club Academy Games: 21-23 April 2023 (Wagga Wagga) - tbc
This program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and development to better prepare them for higher levels of achievement.
The program is held within the Northern Inland region throughout the year, and provides a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Performance support sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique.This program incorporates sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being. The program also provides the opportunity to attend various races as part of the NIAS squad.
The program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
Unsuccessful Athletes should contact the NIAS team to receive feedback.
- Training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches
- Performance Support activities eg. Nutrition, Strength & Conditioning, Sport Psychology and more
- NIAS merchandise - training shirt, polo, shorts and socks to be purchased by new athletes. Returning athletes may purchase individual items as required.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions
- Invitations to special events and opportunities, including the annual Academy Awards.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development on and off the track
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback
- Maintain an appropriate level of commitment to continue in the program
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear NIAS apparel when representing NIAS at events
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes
- Adhere to Sport Integrity Australia and NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct
- Abide by the Office of Sport Play by the Rules
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete Levy: $TBA. This levy covers training camps, a cap, coaching, performance support services (including sport psychology, nutrition, fitness testing), Academy Awards and invitations to special events.
Your Club Academy Games (Wagga Wagga) tbc : $330 - includes registration, insurance, accommodation and meals.
NIAS Clothing Pack: $TBC (includes NIAS polo shirt, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, MTB race suit and hoodie). Additional NIAS merchandise available for purchase.
Open Date: 09 September 2022
Close Date: 21 October 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com