Cycling and MTB
Applications for the 2021 CYCLING and Mountain Biking Squad are CLOSED.
This program combines both Cycling and Mountain Biking with coaches that specialise in these sports.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligble, athletes must be aged 12- 17 years old in 2021 (born 2004 - 2009).
Coach Nominations for the 2020/2021 season are now CLOSED. Download the form here.
If you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
NIAS Cycling & MTB PROGRAM
NIAS 2021 Mountain Biking Squad:
The 2021 Cycling Squad will be announced soon!
2021 Program Staff
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes aged between 12 and 17 years in 2021 (born 2004 - 2009), reside in Northern Inland region.
Selection Process & Criteria
The squad will consist of up to 15 athletes per discipline (Mountain Bike, Track Cycling and Road Cycling).
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on previous race performance. Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day and will be required to undergo a time trial and skills assessment.
Scholarship offered is for the period, February 2021- August 2021.
The Cycling program in 2020/2021 will consist of 6 sessions throughout the year. These sessions will include on the bike specific training split into Mountain Bike and Cycling groups, everyone will then come together for off the bike sessions.
Regional training sessions for the 2020/2021 program are yet to be finalised.
Each regional training session will have a focus both on and off respective bikes and include an education session tailored to cycling.
- Sports Psychology
- Fitness preparation
- Racing preparation:
Mountain Biking Regional Training Sessions:
- 20th February 2021
- 20th March 2021
- 17th April 2021
- 15th May 2021
- 12th June 2021
- 24th July 2021
* Dates TBC
Inter academy training weekend camps including fitness testing tailored to cycling.
Skill sessions and camps are held within the Northern Inland region throughout the year (depending on what is most appropriate). The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. Athletes will be required to attend the GROWTH educational day. This program covers education sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being.
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Contact NIAS if you would like to make an appeal and recieve feedback on your application. .
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Attendance at the NIAS Life Skills Education Weekend (off-field education)
- NIAS clothing pack.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- One Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Mountain Biking is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, Life Skills Education Day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $190 GST inclusive. This is an approximate number, can change depending on tour activities.
Cycling Clothing Pack: $TBC (Includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 07 September 2020
Close Date: 15 February 2021
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed