Applications for the 2021/2022 Mountain Biking program are now CLOSED and the squad has been selected.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligible, athletes must be aged 12- 17 years old in 2022 (born 2005 - 2010).
Coach Nominations for the 2021/2022 season are now CLOSED. Download the form here.
If you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
NIAS MTB PROGRAM
NIAS 2022 Mountain Biking Squad:
2021 Program Staff
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes aged between 12 and 17 years in 2022 (born 2005 - 2010), reside in Northern Inland region.
Selection Process & Criteria
The squad will consist of up to 15 athletes.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on previous race performance. Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day and will be required to undergo a time trial and skills assessment.
Scholarship offered is for the period, February 2022- August 2022.
The MTB program in 2021/2022 will consist of 6 regional training sessions throughout the year. These sessions will include on the bike specific training. Regional training sessions dates for the 2021/2022 program are yet to be finalised.
Each regional training session will have a focus on different on and off the bike skills. Athlete education will also be included in the program.
- Sports Psychology
- Fitness preparation
- Racing preparation:
Mountain Biking Regional Training Sessions 2021/2022:
MTB Trials: November (Date TBC)
Skill sessions and camps are held within the Northern Inland region throughout the year (depending on what is most appropriate). The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. This program covers education sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being. Athletes will be required to attend the Athlete Education Weekend held in 2022.
Enduro training support will also be offered to interested athletes.
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Contact NIAS if you would like to make an appeal and recieve feedback on your application. .
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Attendance at the NIAS Life Skills Education Weekend (off-field education)
- NIAS clothing pack
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable
- Sport Science fitness testing and support
- One Ticket to annual awards night
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Mountain Biking is number 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $TBC GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket
Clothing Pack: $TBC (Includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
We understand COVID-19 provides some uncertainty, however it is our priority to ensure each program is completed in full and will source avenues to make this happen. If this is unable to occur due to COVID-19, NIAS will look to provide partial refunds for what has NOT been provided.
Open Date: 01 September 2021
Close Date: 30 October 2021
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed