Applications for the 2022/2023 NIAS Basketball program CLOSE on 21 October, 2022.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligble, athletes must be aged 14 or 15 years in 2023 (born in 2009 or 2008) and be residing in the Northern Inland region.
Coach & Manager Nominations for the 2022/2023 - Sport Program Application
Should you require more information, please contact the NIAS office on 6766 2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible
Athletes should be aged 14 or 15 in 2023 (born in 2008 or 2009) and be residing in the Northern Inland region.
Selection Process & Criteria
Athletes will be assessed at the selection trials using BNSW Talent Identification criteria.
The program opportunity will be offered from 29 October 2022 to April 2023.
Please find below the proposed 2022/2023 NIAS Basketball Program and note that these dates are subject to change.
3 x Regional Training Sessions in 2022
Trials: 29 & 30 October – Tamworth
12/13 November – Induction & Training Session 1 (Tamworth)
26/27 November – Training Session 2
10/11 December – Training Session 3
3 x Regional Training Sessions in 2023
4/5 February – Training Session 4
18/19 February - Academy Challenge (Terrigal)
18/19 March – Training Session 5
Your Local Club Academy Games: 21 - 23 April 2023 (Wagga Wagga)
The program is conducted within the Northern Inland region throughout the year, and provides a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Performance support sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique.This program incorporates sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being. The program provides the opportunity for individual athlete development to better prepare them for higher levels of achievement.
The program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for higher levels of competition.
Unsuccesful athletes should contact the NIAS office to receive feedback.
- Training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches
- Attendance in Performance Support activities eg. Nutrition, Strength & Conditioning, Sport Psychology and more
- NIAS merchandise - training shirt, polo, shorts and socks to be purchased by new athletes. Returning athletes may purchase individual items as required.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions
- Invitations to special events and opportunities, including the annual Academy Awards.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both in and out of the arena.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
Athlete Levy: $TBC. It covers training sessions, coaching support, performance support, invitations to events such as the Academy Awards.
Academy Challenge (Terrigal): $TBC Includes accommodation, transport, some meals and competition costs.
Academy Games (Wagga Wagga): Approximately $330 includes: competition costs, accommodation and some meals.
Basketball Clothing Pack: $TBC (includes NIAS polo shirt, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, singlet, hoodie). Additional NIAS merchandise may be purchased.
Open Date: 09 September 2022
Close Date: 21 October 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed