Applications for the 2019 program open on Monday 27th August 2018 and close on Friday 26th October 2018.
Applications are open until Monday 3rd September for Coach Nominations, Download form at our website.
On the form use "Mountain Bike" as the sport, it will still apply for Cycling!
NIAS Mountain Biking Program
NIAS 2018 Squad:
Sophia Butler- Tamworth
Alex Day- Tamworth
Luke Deasey- Kootingal
Joshua Jackson- Scone
Isla Maidment- Tamworth
Ethan McDonald- Tamworth
Joel McIntyre- Moore Creek
Conor Noonan- Tamworth
Cody Pollard- Tamworth
Luke Sing- Manilla
Eddie Willis- Tamworth
2018 Program Staff
The 2018 Team Coaches are:
- Alyssa Rogan
- Steve Mair
- Martin Siddons
- Kirsty Maidment, Team Manager
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes aged between 12 and 17 in 2019, reside in Northern Inland region.
The squads will consist of up to 10 to 15 athletes per discipline (Mountain Bike, Track Cycling and Road Cycling)
Scholarship offered is for the period, November 2018- August 2019.
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for competition in Regional and NSW events.
To be eligible athletes will be required to submit details on previous race performance. Athletes will also be required to attend the selection day and will be required to undergo a time trial and skills assessment.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Skill sessions and camps are held within the Northern Inland region throughout the year (depending on what is most appropriate). The skills program follows a structured approach concentrating on a range of individual skills and development. Fitness sessions focus on the importance of building core strength to improve posture, balance and technique. On February the 10th, athletes are required to attend the GROWTH educational day. This program covers education sessions on goal setting, resilience, opportunities beyond sport, wellness and nutrition, testing and fitness, health and well being.
Regional training sessions for the 2019 program are yet to be finalized. Please refer to the Events on the webpage.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- GROWTH Day- Six educatonal workshops.
- NIAS clothing pack.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Mountain Biking is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Training camps: Price TBC
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 27 August 2018
Close Date: 26 October 2018
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org