Applications for the 2022/23 NIAS Golf program CLOSE on 21 October 2022.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligible, athletes must be aged 13 - 18 years old in 2023 (born 2005-2010).
Coach Nominations for the 2022/23 season are now OPEN. Download the form here.
Should you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
Who is Eligible?
Male and female athletes must be turning 13-18 years in 2023 (born between 2005 and 2010), reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association (or be prepared to join).
Selection Process & Criteria
Athletes must have a golf handicap of 25 or under to gain selection. If your handicap is slightly greater, please contact NIAS. Up to 8 athletes (male and female) will be offered a place in the Golf Program based on Handicap. Selection will not only be based on handicap but also based on your attitude and commitment to golf.
Interviews may be required. Discussions with you local club may also be conducted. We encourage all athletes that fit within the age bracket to apply even if your handicap is outside the range. NIAS invite juniors throughout the region to a NIAS training session.
Scholarship period is November 2022 to May 2023. The program will consist of six regional weekend sessions. Athletes will be invited to attend an inter-academy golf camp weekend and the Clubs NSW Academy Games in Wagga Wagga.
Regional training weekends will involve training Saturday morning followed by afternoon comp, and a training session Sunday morning. JNJG will attend a regional training session throughout your program.
Training dates for the 2023 program are: TBC
Academy Challenge: 18-19 February 2023 9Coffs Harbour)
Your Local Club Academy Games 21 - 23 April 2023 (Wagga Wagga)
The program is developed in close consultation with Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG). Skill sessions and camps are held within the region throughout the stated program duration. Specialist coaches and competing whilst representing NIAS will be available to squad members. Performance support including sessions on Goal Setting, Resilience, Opportunities beyond Sport, Health management, Fitness Testing and Media training.
The skill program is designed to provide players with increased skills and education to better prepare them for selection in higher levels of representation.
Unsuccessful athletes are able to contact the NIAS office to receive feedback.
- Coaching by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Performance Support
- Invitations to special events such as the Academy Awards
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the course.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete policies
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete Levy: $TBC. This levy covers training sessions, performance support, invitations to some events.
Academy Challenge (Coffs Harbour): $TBC.
Academy Games (Wagga Wagga): $330 (cost is indicative and subject to change).
Golf Clothing Pack: $TBC (Includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, and hoodie). Additional NIAS merchandise may be purchased.
Open Date: 08 September 2022
Close Date: 31 October 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org