The 2020/2021 NIAS Lone Star applications are now OPEN and will close in December.
The selected squad will be anounced at the beginning of 2021.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligble, athletes must be aged 14 - 18 years old in 2021 (born 2003-2007) and compete in your sport at the State, National or International level.
If you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
"Gunnedah Services & Bowling Club" Lone star Program
2020 Program Manager
Who is Eligible
Male and Female athletes aged between 14-18 in 2021 (born between 2007 to 2003) who live in the Northern Inland region, who have been selected within their chosen sport at state or national level.
Selection Process & Criteria
Up to 8 regional based athletes may be offered a scholarship based on their recent performances, ranking and recommendations from respective state sporting organisations. Applications will be assessed by the NIAS Lonestar selection panel. Personal interviews may be called for.
- Athletes may be involved in an individual or team sport.
- Athletes who are eligible to apply for a NIAS squad based program during 2020 are ineligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the most recent performances by the athlete at state level or equivalent.
- An athlete can only have a 'Lone Star' scholarship for 2 years.
- Athlete must be a member of a regional and or state sporting body.
Scholarship offered is for a 12 month period, November 2020 to November 2021
Annual Awards Night: TBC
Lone Star requires the athletes to maintain monthly communication with the NIAS office and in particular the athlete services manager. Athletes selected in the program are required to:
- Attend the induction
- Attend Life Skills Education Day
- Be involved as a volunteer at a community event eg Volunteering at your sport for a junior competition
- Involved in a Media interview via Radio, Television or Newspaper
- Monthly Reporting
- Attendance at NIAS annual awards night
Lone Star athletes recieve individual cash grants and support. These scholarships are designed to assist athletes defray the costs of training and competing at a high level such as state and national representation
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Contact NIAS if you would like to make an appeal and recieve feedback on your application.
- Financial support, total reimbursement grant of $500 to go toward expenses incurred in gaining access to higher quality competition, training, facility access, gym fees etc.
- NIAS GROWTH Day ticket
- NIAS merchandise- training shirt, polo, shorts, full tracksuit, cap and socks. Additional items available for purchase.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- One Ticket to annual awards night.
- Media Recognition.
- Attend all program activities.
- Lone Star Sport is your priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Open Date: 26 August 2020
Close Date: 16 December 2020
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org