The 2020/2021 NIAS Netball program applications are now OPEN and will close Monday 19th October at 5:00pm.
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
To be eligble, girls must be aged 14 - 16 years old in 2021 (born 2005-2007).
Coach Nominations for the 2020/2021 season are now open. Download the form here.
If you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
"GLEN INNES & DISTRICT SERVICES CLUB" NETBALL PROGRAM
2020 Netball Squad:
Who is Eligible
Female athletes aged between 14 -16 in 2021 (born in 2005 to 2007), reside in Northern Inland region, be a member of an affiliated club or association (or be prepared to join).
Selection Process & Criteria
Up to 34 athletes may be offered a place in the Netball Program based on past performance at selection trials and or via talent identification processes.
Trials for the 2021 NIAS Netball Squad will be held on the 22nd November in Tamworth.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via TID processes:
Performance at specific events (last 12 months). Events may include previous NIAS programs, local competition games and state championships. Physical capabilities and attributes including speed, aerobic capacity, vertical jump, power, strength and agility. Formal testing may not occur during final trial but are observable during training and games. Technical competence in core skills including passing (selection and execution), catching, balance, footwork, attacking, defending and goal shooting accuracy. Tactical awareness including decision making, spatial awareness, positional play, attacking strategies and defensive strategies. Potential to improve including mental toughness, temperament, determination, commitment, ability to be highly receptive to coaching. Individual application to training and competition.
Scholarship offered is for a 12 month period, November 2020 to November 2021
Trials for the 2021 NIAS Netball Squad will be held on 22nd November in Tamworth.
Block 1 runs from February to April.
Training Dates and locations are to be finalised.
ClubsNSW Academy games: 16th - 18th April in Newcastle
Block 3 runs from July to September.
Training Dates and Locations are to be finalised.
The program has been developed in close consultation with Netball NSW. Skill sessions and camps are held within the region throughout the 12 month program. Guest coaches ensure that the program remains fresh and interesting and athletes are presented with new ideas and different perspectives to encourage their learning. Athletes are required to attend the NIAS GROWTH Day. This program covers education sessions on sport psychology, sports medicine, nutrition, public speaking, media training, sun protection and career skills.
The ongoing skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and fitness to better prepare them for selection into NSW Squads, NSWIS Elite Athlete Program and respective school representative teams.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Contact NIAS if you would like to make an appeal and recieve feedback on your application.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Attendance at the NIAS Life Skills Education Day (off-field education).
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- One ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Netball is priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, Life Skills Education Day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Academy Challenge: $220 GST inclusive
Netball Clothing Pack: $TBC (Includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 07 September 2020
Close Date: 19 October 2020
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com