"GLEN INNES & DISTRICT SERVICES CLUB" NETBALL PROGRAM
2019 Netball Squad:
Who is Eligible
Female athletes aged between 14-16 in 2019 (born in 2003-2004), reside in Northern Inland region, be a member of an affiliated club or association (or be prepared to join).
Up to 25 athletes may be offered a place in the Netball Program based on past performance at selection trials and or via talent identification processes.
Trials for the 2018 NIAS Netball Squad will be held on Sunday 22nd October 2017 at Tamworth Sports Dome
Scholarship offered is for a 12 month period, November 2018 to November 2019
Trials - Date TBC
4th February 2018 -Sunday- NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 1
9 am til 1 pm Venue TBC
11th February 2018 - Sunday - NIAS Induction/GROWTH Day
18th February 2018 - Sunday - NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 2
9 am til 1 pm Venue TBC
3rd -4th March 2018 NIAS Netball Camp Weekend Armidale Times TBC
17-18th March 2018 High Performance Academy Camp Sydney Times TBC
25th March NIAS Netball Regional Session 3
9am til 1 pm - Glen Innes
8th April 2018 -Sunday - NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 4
9am til 1 pm Venue TBC
27th - 29th April 2018 - Friday, Saturday and Sunday Clubs NSW Academy Games - Newcastle
29th July - Sunday - NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 1
9 am til 1 pm Venue TBC
19th August - Sunday - NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 2
9 am til 1 pm Armidale
2nd September - Sunday - NIAS Netball Regional Training Session 3
9 am til 1 pm Glen Innes
16th September - Sunday -Training for Academy Challenge Squads only
9 am til 1pm Sport UNE
29th September- 1st October Academy Challenge
The ongoing skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and fitness to better prepare them for selection into NSW Squads, NSWIS EAP and respective School representative teams.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via TID processes:
Performance at specific events (last 12 months). Events may include previous NIAS programs, local competition games and state championships. Physical capabilities and attributes including speed, aerobic capacity, height, vertical jump, power, strength and agility. Formal testing may not occur during final trial but are observable during training and games. Technical competence in core skills- passing (selection and execution), catching, balance, footwork, attacking, defending and goal shooting accuracy. Tactical awareness including decision making, spatial awareness, positional play. Potential to improve, mental toughness, temperament, determination, commitment, ability to be highly receptive to coaching. Individual application to training and competition.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The program has been developed in close consultation with Netball NSW. Skill sessions and camps are held within the region throughout November to November. Guest coaches ensure that the program remains fresh and interesting and athletes are presented with new ideas and different perspectives to encourage their learning. In July athletes are required to attend the NIAS GROWTH Day. This program covers education sessions on sport psychology, sports medicine, nutrition, public speaking, media training, sun protection and career skills.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Attendance at the NIAS GROWTH Day - off field education
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Netball is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off th field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete Levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket
Academy Games: $250.00 GST inclusive
Academy Challenge: $220 GST inclusive
Netball Clothing Pack: $250 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 26 August 2018
Close Date: 20 January 2019
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed