Applications for the 2023 Boys & Girls Rugby League program are NOW OPEN with selection trials to be conducted in March 2023. More specific information will be available in the new year. ALL players wishing to be considered for the 2023 program are encouraged to register and attend the Talent Identification Day at Scully Park in Tamworth on Saturday 29 October, 2022 (10am-1pm).
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
Should you require more information, please contact the NIAS office.
2022 Rugby League Boys Squad
Head Coach - Peter Stevens
Assistant Coach - Scott Bone
Assistant Coach - James Cooper
Assistant Coach - Jake McManus
Who is Eligible
Male athletes who turn 15 in 2023 (born in 2008), reside within the Group 21, 4 or 19 regions and is a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Female athletes who turn 15, 16 or 17 in 2023 (born in 2006, 2007 or 2008) and reside within the Group 21, 4 or 19 regions.
Selection Process & Criteria
Players may be offered a place in the Rugby League Program based on their performances, along with results from the Talent Identification Day to be held in Tamworth on Saturday 29 October, 2022. A selection panel will assess each application based on performances, attitude and commitment to Rugby League.
Specific Rugby League Selection Trials will take place in March 2023.
Athletes will be assessed on criteria such as: technique, physical attributes, skill, intelligence, endurance, coachability and attitude.
The program for BOYS & GIRLS in 2023 will include:
- Six regional training sessions
- Opportunity for satellite training sessions
- Skill acquisition, performance support and athlete education
- Out of region tour (Date TBC)
- Academy Awards
Program Dates: TBC
The program includes skill development, team development, fitness assessments, and match play.
Athletes will have access to performance support and additional education.
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in higher levels of representation.
Unsuccessful athletes are welcome to contact the NIAS office to receive feedback.
Intensive coaching from accredited regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Regional training sessions
- Performance Support including Sport Psychology, Nutrition, Fitness Assessments, Strength & Conditioning and more
- Invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards
- Travel assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any feedback.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive opportunities.
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes as required.
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Code of Conduct and policies including anti-doping policy.
- Maintain regular communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $TBC includes training sessions, coaching and performance support activities, and invitations to special events such as the annual Academy Awards Night.
Sports Tour: $TBC.
NIAS Rugby League clothing pack: $TBC
Open Date: 09 September 2022
Close Date: 21 October 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed