NIAS RUGBY LEAGUE program
Lachlan Barnden- Uralla
Joash Boney- Tamworth
Darcy Booth- Armidale
Jordan Butler- Tamworth
Mitchell Cox- Calala
Bailey Crawford- Inverell
Kurt Fisher- Gunnedah
Malakai Griffiths- Armidale
Jack Grob- Glen Innes
Thomas Hand- Tamworth
Archer Harrison- Gunnedah
Lewis Hippi- Tamworth
Jake House- Inverell
Harrison McLean- Tamworth
Triston McKelvie- Moore Creek
Daniel McMillan- Narrabri
Jerramaine Nean- Tamworth
Rowan O’Reilly- Werris Creek
Cody Parry- Tamworth
Trent White- Gunnedah
Jacob Whitehill- Armidale
Billy Youman- Guyra
Who is Eligible
Male athletes who turn 15 in 2020, reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 25 male players may be offered a place in the Rugby League Program based on performances selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based performances and attitude and commitment to Rugby League.
Scholarship offered is for the period, April 2019 to November 2019. (All dates TBC)
April - Trials
May - Training Camp - Tamworth
June - Training Camp - Tamworth
July - Training Camp - Tamworth
NIAS Awards Night - 4th August
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in regional, state and national teams.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The program includes skill development, team development, testing, games against quality opposition and a Tour to Sydney (including a training session at the Sydney Roosters, attending a Sydney Roosters game as well as a team against a Sydney team (to be confirmed).
In June athletes are to attend the NIAS Life Skills Education day. This program covers education sessions on
Opportunities beyond Sport
TV, Radio and Print Media
Health and Well being
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day
- Regional training sessions.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $190 GST inclusive
Rugby League Clothing Pack: $250 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 6 February 2019
Close Date: 30 May 2019
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed