NIAS RUGBY LEAGUE program
Ethan Antzakles, Tamworth
Kurt Barton, Tamworh
Jock Brazel, Moree
Samuel Clark, Tamworth
Jackson Cox, Garthhowen
Rhys Davis, Tamworth
Takoda Griffiths, Armidale
Jeff Harvey, Narrabri
Mitchell Henderson, Dungowan
Ned Hoath, Coonamble
Jaylan Jerrard, Inverell
Brinez Lantz, Tamworth
Tom Matthewson, Ben Lomond
Haydon O'Grady, Bundurra
Samuel Perrin, Little Plain
Jayden Riley, Gunnedah
Jake Sheppard, Tamworth
Kyle Short, Tamworth
Mark Simon, Tamworth
Lachlan Smith, Tamworth
Campbell Watchirs, Gum Flat
Zane Wood, Tamworth
Who is Eligible
Male athletes who turn 15 in 2018, reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 25 male players may be offered a place in the Rugby League Program based on performances selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based performances and attitude and commitment to Rugby League.
Scholarship offered is for the period, April 2018 to November 2018.
April - Trials
May - Training Camp - Tamworth
June - Training Camp - Tamworth
July - Training Camp - Tamworth
NIAS Awards Night - 4th August
Fiji Tour Monday 1st October to Monday 8th October 2018 (TBC)
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in regional, state and national teams.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The program includes skill development, team development, testing, games against quality opposition and a Tour to Sydney (including a training session at the Sydney Roosters, attending a Sydney Roosters game as well as a team against a Sydney team (to be confirmed).
In February athletes are to attend the NIAS GROWTH DAY. This program covers education sessions on
Opportunities beyond Sport
TV, Radio and Print Media
Health and Well being
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day
- Regional training sessions.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $180 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $180 GST inclusive
Fiji Tour; $1500 to be confirmed
Rugby League Clothing Pack: $250 GST inclusive (ordered from and paid to SportsPower Armidale, includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased from SportsPower Armidale.
Open Date: 6 February 2019
Close Date: 1 May 2019
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com