Applications for the 2021 Rugby Union program are now OPEN!
CLICK THE YELLOW APPLY BUTTON ON THE RIGHT TO APPLY NOW
(Or at the bottom of the page for mobile users)
Coaching applications are OPEN. Download the form here
There will be two separate age groups for Boys 2021:
- Under 15 years (must be born in 2006)
- Under 13 years (must be born in 2008)
Both squads will have an intake of 23-25 athletes.
There will be one Girls Squad in 2021:
- Under 15 years (must be born in 2006)
All trials will take place on Sunday 30th May (Location TBC)
"Teys Australia" RUGBY Union PROGRAM
Archie Barnett Tamworth
Rex Barwick Tamworth
Harrison Bennett Narrabri
Louis Bottomley Tamworth
Cooper Collins Armidale
William Crompton Tamworth
Daniel Crowther Tamworth
Mack Davies Narrabri
Angus Ditchfield Armidale
Matthew Edwards Tamworth
Harry Faulkner Tamworth
Brock Galvin Gwydir
Lochlan Gerdes Armidale
Charles Grills Inverell
Harrison Irvine Tamworth
Benjamin Kelly Gwydir
Jack Lincoln Armidale
Jack Lockyer Armidale
Rory Newsome Walcha
Fergus O'Callaghan Tamworth
Harry Partridge Walcha
Maximus Pianko Inverell
Jack Power Walcha
Max Rodgers Armidale
Luke Shields Narrabri
Jack Smith Narrabri
Trey Stafford Tamworth
Brandon Tevaga Gwydir
Lucas Thornton Armidale
Ky Wheeler Tamworth
Abbott White Armidale
Coach- Jason Lincoln- Armidale
Coach- Angus Patterson- Scone
Team Manager- Garry Walsh- NSW Rugby Union Development Manager
Who is Eligible
NIAS will be offering two seperate squads (age groups) for the Boys program and one squad for the Girls program.
Male athletes who turn 13 years (born 2008) in 2021.
Male athletes who turn 15 years (born 2006) in 2021.
Female athletes who turn 15 years (born 2006) in 2021
Athletes must reside in the Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Selection Process & Criteria
Up to 25 male players per age group may be offered a place in the Rugby Program based on performances at selection trials. The Girls Rugby Union program will be a 7 a-side program where players may be offered a place in the Rugby Program based on performances at selection trials.
A selection panel will assess each application based on performances and attitude and commitment to Rugby.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Scholarship offered is for the period, June 2021 to September 2021
Please refer to the events on NIAS website for training, event and tour days/weekends (This information will be updated throughout the program as needed).
The program includes skill development, team development, testing, athlete education and match play.
Program will consist of:
- Trials/skills session: Sunday 30th May (Location TBC)
- Intensive overnight training camp: June (Date: TBC)
- Regional training session including match play:
- Out of the region tour including match play, high-performance facilities and elite coaching support: September (Date:TBC)
Athletes will have access to information from the NIAS Life Skills Education program. This program covers education sessions on
Opportunities beyond Sport
Physiotherapist support (Correct Techniques)
Health and Wellbeing
Strength & Conditioning support
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in regional, state and national teams.
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
Contact NIAS if you would like to make an appeal and recieve feedback on your application.
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS Life Skills Education Program
- Regional training sessions.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- One Ticket to annual awards night
- Financial assistance if selected into National team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available (required to complete form to be considered)
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to your development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Approximately $600 per athlete (final price TBC): Includes:
- Athlete Levy (regional training & athlete education)
- Clothing: Playing strip, NIAS training shirt and NIAS polo
- Tour outside of the region (all meals, travel and accomodation provided)
Incentive to sell raffle tickets to cover cost of program with the support from Rugby NSW.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 26 April 2021
Close Date: 30 July 2021
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed