Applications for the 2020 Squadare not yet open.
Keep watching this space for updates.
"Teys Australia" RUGBY Union PROGRAM
Archie Barnett Tamworth
Rex Barwick Tamworth
Harrison Bennett Narrabri
Louis Bottomley Tamworth
Cooper Collins Armidale
William Crompton Tamworth
Daniel Crowther Tamworth
Mack Davies Narrabri
Angus Ditchfield Armidale
Matthew Edwards Tamworth
Harry Faulkner Tamworth
Brock Galvin Gwydir
Lochlan Gerdes Armidale
Charles Grills Inverell
Harrison Irvine Tamworth
Benjamin Kelly Gwydir
Jack Lincoln Armidale
Jack Lockyer Armidale
Rory Newsome Walcha
Fergus O'Callaghan Tamworth
Harry Partridge Walcha
Maximus Pianko Inverell
Jack Power Walcha
Max Rodgers Armidale
Luke Shields Narrabri
Jack Smith Narrabri
Trey Stafford Tamworth
Brandon Tevaga Gwydir
Lucas Thornton Armidale
Ky Wheeler Tamworth
Abbott White Armidale
Coach- Jason Lincoln- Armidale
Coach- Angus Patterson- Scone
Team Manager- Garry Walsh- NSW Rugby Union Development Manager
Who is Eligible
Male athletes who turn 13 (born 2007) in 2020, reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join.
Up to 23 male players may be offered a place in the Rugby Program based on performances selection trials. A selection panel will assess each application based performances and attitude and commitment to Rugby
Scholarship offered is for the period, April 2019 to October 2019
Please refer to the events on NIAS website
The program will offer each athlete the opportunity to further develop and improve skills required to gain selection in regional, state and national teams.
Athletes will be assessed on the following criteria at selections trials or via Talent Identification processes.
- T- Technique
- I- Intelligence (Touch).
- P- Physical Attributes
- S- Skill
- Endurance- 20m shuttle run
Subjectivity is an unavoidable element in all selections. Athletes who feel the selection criteria has not been adhered to should be aware that NIAS has a formal 'Appeals' process available.
The program includes skill development, team development, testing, games.
Program will consist of:
- Induction/Education sessions
- Four regional training days
- September tour of New Zealand
- October Annual Academy Awards evening
Athletes are to access information from the NIAS GROWTH DAY. This program covers education sessions on
Opportunities beyond Sport
TV, Radio and Print Media
Health and Wellbeing
Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- NIAS GROWTH Day
- Regional training sessions.
- Sport Science fitness testing and support.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Travel Assistance to attend NIAS regional training sessions and camps.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
Athlete levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, Life Skills Education Day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket)
Sports Trip: $190 GST inclusive. This is an approximate number, can change depending on tour activities.
Rugby Union Clothing Pack: $TBC (Includes NIAS polo shirt, cap, training shirt, training shorts, tracksuit pants, hoodie and ankle socks). Additional NIAS merchandise can be purchased.
Athlete levy support programs are available for those experiencing financial difficulty.
Open Date: 25 March 2019
Close Date: 18 August 2020
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com