"Inland Technology" Tennis Program
2020 Gold Squad
2020 White Squad
Jarrod Campbell (Tamworth)
Craig Louis (Gunnedah)
Dale Martin (Gunnedah)
Two female chaperones for tours to be appointed.
Who is Eligible
Talent identified U15 male and female athletes by invitation only.
Scholarship offered is for the period February - October 2022
Training sessions as outlined below:
Regional Training 1: 12 February - Armidale
Regional Training 2: 12 March - Armidale (compulsary education weekend)
Regional Training 3: 2 April - Narrabri
Regional Training 4: 4 June - Tamworth
NSW Country Championships: June/July Holidays - Forster
Regional Training Weekend: 3 & 4 September - Tamworth (including family tennis and sponsor afternoon)
Academy Awards & 30 Year Celebration: 29 October
This program is designed to provide specialised technical and tactical skills to compliment the Regional Zone Squad program.
Athletes are invited into the NIAS Tennis program based on last years performance, attitude and commitment to tennis.
- Must commit to attending all regional training days.
- All athletes to commit to NSW Country Championships - Forster
- Must commit to Education Weekend and Awards night unless away playing tennis
- Be willing to embrace other opportunities in the tennis pathway
- Specialised training support by quality coaches
- NIAS Clothing Pack - NIAS white polo shirt and NIAS cap (additional items available for purchase)
- One ticket to annual awards night.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- N.B. NIAS will subsidise Regional Zone Squad Training Days
- Attend all program activities
- Tennis is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the court
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required
NIAS levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers allied health services, coaching support, Awards Night ticket and clothing as specified (please note NIAS will cover payment Regional Zone Training Days).
Open Date: 21 January 2022
Close Date: 28 January 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org