"Inland Technology" Tennis Program
In 2022, Tennis was re-introduced to the NIAS Program through the support of Tennis Australia (NSW Talent Development) and sponsor, Inland Technology, to provide enhanced player pathway opportunities in the Northern Inland region for both girls and boys Under 15 years. This program was designd to compliment and extend identified athletes in the Regional Zone Squad and enhance their personal development holistically. NIAS is currenly working with Tennis NSW to finalise opportunities and the program for 2023.
Selected athletes will be identified for the program. However, ALL athletes wishing to be considered for any NIAS program should participate in the Talent Identification Day on Saturday 29 October (10am-1pm) 2022, at Scully Park in Tamworth, and should complete an application through the yellow Apply button on the right (or at the bottom of the page for mobile users).
2022 "Inland Technology" Tennis Squad
Jarrod Campbell (Coach/Program Manager)
Greg Royle (Tennis Australia - Talent Operations Manager – NSW/ACT)
Who is Eligible
Talent identified U15 male and female athletes by invitation only. To be considered, athletes must attend the NIAS Talent Identification Day to be held on Saturday 29 October (10am - 1pm) at Scully Park in Tamworth.
This opportunity will be offered for the period November 2022 - September 2023. Program dates are TBC.
This program is designed to provide specialised performance support education, along with technical and tactical skills to compliment Regional Tennis pathway program.
Athletes are invited to join the NIAS Tennis program based on past performance, talent identification day results, attitude and commitment to Tennis, and be able to:
- Attend all regional training days
- Attend the NSW Country Championships
- Attend Performance Support and NIAS events such as the annual Academy Awards
- Be willing to embrace other opportunities in the Tennis pathway.
- Specialised training support by accredited coaches
- NIAS Clothing Pack - NIAS white polo shirt and NIAS cap (additional items available for purchase)
- Invitations to events such as the Academy Awards.
- Attend all program activities
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the court
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship
- Behave and dress in an appropriate manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors
- Wear NIAS apparel when representing the Academy at events
- Make yourself available to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes
- Adhere to NIAS Athlete Policies
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
NIAS Levy: $TBC. This levy covers Performance Support services, coaching, Awards Night ticket and NIAS specific clothing item.
Open Date: 09 September 2022
Close Date: 21 October 2022
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications currently closed