"Inland Technology" Tennis Program
The 2020 NIAS Tennis squad has now been selected and applications are closed.
Check back later for our next intake!
2020 Gold Squad
2020 White Squad
The 2020 program will be coached by
Jarrod Campbell (Tamworth)
Craig Louis (Gunnedah)
Dale Martin (Gunnedah)
Two female chaperones for tours to be appointed.
Who is Eligible
Male and female athletes should be aged 12 - 16 years in 2020, reside in Northern Inland region and be a member of an affiliated club or association or be prepared to join. By invitation only.
Scholarship offered is for the period April 2018 to November 2018.
PROGRAM & ATHLETE REPONSIBILITY
DATE & DESCRIPTION
All North West AMT/JT events
3 AMT/JT tournaments - TBA
(once NSW Tennis Calender availble)
Bus travel. Tournaments T.B.A
Sydney National Academy Training Weekend - Homebus
Bus travel. Dates T.B.A
Induction day, growth day, awards night etc
The skill program is designed to provide athletes with increased skills and education to better prepare them for selection into Regional and NSW squads
Athletes are invited into the NIAS Tennis program based on last years performance, attitude and commitment to tennis.
- All athletes to commit to Sydney National Academy Training Weekend - Homebus
- Must commit to Northwest teams event if selected.
- Must commit to attending all regional training days.
- Must commit to all compulsory tournaments. Please note these tours are for athletes only, transport, accommodation and food will be provided. The NIAS squad will be accompanied by the NIAS coaches and two female chaperones (selected by NIAS).
- Must commit to Induction day and Awards night unless away playing tennis.
- Intensive training support by quality regional, guest and state level coaches.
- Represent NIAS at the 2018 Clubs NSW Academy Games from 27th to 29th April 2018, in Newcastle
- NIAS merchandise - NIAS white polo shirt. Additional items available for purchase.
- Individual home training program and structured satellite training sessions where applicable.
- 1 Ticket to annual awards night.
- Financial assistance if selected into state team.
- Fully Paid Athlete Levy scholarships due to financial hardship available.
- Attend all program activities.
- Tennis is no 1 priority sport while on scholarship.
- Be committed to a holistic approach to their development, both on and off the field.
- Comply with the training requirements and respond in a positive manner to any suggestion or criticism.
- Maintain an appropriate performance standard to continue to receive a scholarship.
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing the NIAS and its sponsors.
- Wear Academy apparel when representing the Academy at events.
- Make yourself available (within reason) to sponsors and the media for promotional purposes.
- Adhere to NIAS anti-Doping policy.
- Maintain communication with NIAS and coaching staff as required.
NIAS levy: $190 GST inclusive. This levy covers training camps, coaching support, GROWTH day, fitness testing, Awards Night ticket
Tournaments: $60 per day per athlete for each day of the compulsory tournaments, this covers transport, accommodation, meals, training days and coaching. Athletes will be required to enter all tournaments on line and pay the cost.
ClubsNSW Academy Games Levy will be charged separately to those athletes selected.
Sydney Tour: Will be charged separately once trip confirmed.
Open Date: 27 August 2018
Close Date: 19 March 2020
For further information please contact the NIAS office on 67 662526 or email email@example.com
Applications currently closed