PARENTS/ GUARDIANS MEDICAL STATEMENT AND AUTHORITY
I/We, being the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of the above name applicant, acknowledge that I/we have read the full contents of this agreement and
completed the Athlete Academy Medical information.
I/We have read the conditions of acceptance and state that to the best of my/our knowledge, all the information provided is correct and there is no
reason why the applicant cannot fully comply with all the requirements set out above.
I/we am/are not aware of any medical condition or any other reason that would affect the applicant, which has not been disclosed.
I/we give permission to the staff of the Northern Inland Academy of Sport to have my child/ward anaesthetised or receive a blood transfusion or
whatever is necessary in the event of illness or accident.
I/we undertake to pay all associated costs (eg: Ambulance travel), medical fees and/or the cost of necessary drugs, which may be incurred whilst my
child/ward is in the care of the Academy.
I/we understand that I/we will be contacted as soon as possible in the event of illness or injury.
PROTECTION AND PRIVACY INFORMED CONSENT
The Northern Inland Academy of sport appreciates that Privacy is a sensitive issue. The NIAS recognizes the rights of its Athletes and coaches and has
Principles as defined in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
SCREENING OF STAFF
All Academy staff (whether voluntary or paid) in a child-related position understand that several checking processes will be undertaken to ascertain
their suitability, and they are required to complete a statutory declaration stating they are not a prohibited person. If the staff are identified as a
“registrable person” under the Child Protection (Offenders Registration) Act 2000, then they are prohibited from employment in a child-related
position in the Academy.
INFORMATION FOR PUBLICATION
Evidence in Australia indicates that information regarding children posted on an Internet site or published in a magazine or newspaper may be used
by pedophiles to target children, to locate them and to groom their initial approach to the child. Despite the best intentions in the world on the part
of the publisher, children can end up being the victims of abuse.
To reduce this possibility, the Academy's policy ensures that without parental consent, no information regarding an Academy scholarship holder or
Associate Member will be released to newspaper, television or be published in the Academy newsletters or web site.
The personal information provided, will be used by the Academy for general administration and communication and other matters of welfare relating
to your child while on scholarship with the NIAS. While the provision of this information is voluntary, it is strongly recommended that all details be
completed. Failure to do so, may impede the resolution of welfare issues should you not be able to be contacted. This information will be stored
Should parents or guardians of Academy Scholarship holders or Associate Members under the age of 18 wish that the full name, council area of
residence, a photo image or any other details to be published then they will need to complete and sign the Parents/Guardian Informed Consent.
Please be aware that media exposure may result in your childs name, town, age or age group they compete in, and or photo appearing in a newspaper, on television, on the NIAS website or NIAS social media platforms and marketing activities.
I understand that from time to time photographs may be taken of my child competing or training and in a team environment. Such photographs may be taken by media outlets or those employed or associated with NIAS. These photographs may be used by different media outlets or for NIAS promotional
purposes. I hereby authorise such photographs to be taken of my child however understand that I may request that any photographs used by NIAS be
removed should I deem them to be inappropriate. I also understand that NIAS may not be able to control the content of some photos taken by
external media outlets.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS INFORMED CONSENT
I acknowledge that I have read the Northern Inland Academy of Sport Child Protection & Privacy Informed Consent and agree that the following
information can be released for publication:
* Child’s full name (first name and surname) * Council area of residence * Age
* Sporting achievements * Photo image
ATHLETE’S CODE OF ETHICS
As an athlete of the Northern Inland Academy of Sport I will participate and train in line with the following code of ethics:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow athletes, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Refrain from conduct, which could be regarded as sexual harassment towards fellow athletes and coaches.
- Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow squad athletes and competitors.
- Care and respect the equipment provided to me as part of my program scholarship.
- Be frank and honest concerning illness and injury and my ability to train fully at all times.
- Conduct myself in a professional manner relating to language, manner, temper and punctuality.
- Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times as a representative of the NIAS.
- Abide by the rules and respect the decision of the referee/umpire/judge.
- Make all appeals through the formal process and respect the final decision.
- Be honest with my attitude and preparation for training. Work equally hard for my team and myself/crew.
ATHLETE SCHOLARSHIP AGREEMENT
I understand that in order to receive and retain a position, I must comply with the following conditions and other directions given by the
Northern Inland Academy of Sport from time to time.
- Comply with and obey lawful instructions given to me by Academy personnel or any other person in authority of the Academy.
- I will ensure that all appointments, training sessions, competitions and other meetings arranged for me are attended and attended punctually.
- I undertake to advise the Academy as soon as possible of any obvious danger within the Academy of which I am aware or of any activities conducted by any person who may endanger the property or persons of the Academy or those associated with it.
- I understand that my position in the Academy will be in jeopardy if I engage in any illegal activities, particularly the use of performance enhancing drugs and doping practices. This is in accordance with the Academy’s Policy regarding “Drugs in Sport”, which has been adopted from the ASC “Drugs in Sport” Policy.
- I will keep the Academy informed of any medical conditions, treatments, drugs or prescriptions that may have been prescribed to me.
- I agree to participate in any random drug testing conducted by the Academy or other recognised sporting body.
- I acknowledge that at all times; I must comply with the Academy’s directions and requirements and in the event of any breach of conduct or misbehaviour on my part, that my position may be terminated immediately.
- I understand that the Academy may terminate my position or vary the benefits with it, by notice in writing.
- I acknowledge that it is compulsory for me to wear the appropriate supplied Academy clothing at all Academy events and not wear any clothing which may identify any sponsors in conflict with the official Academy sponsors.
- I also agree that these items will not be worn by anyone else, and they will be maintained in good order.
- I agree to return all clothing provided to me by the Academy, in the event of my not completing the program for whatever reason.
- I will assist in the promotion of all the Academy official sponsors.
- I understand that the Northern Inland Academy of Sport will not meet the costs of any medical, dental or hospital service required, and it is my responsibility to ensure that I have adequate private health insurance and extra cover at all times.
- I will remain in constant communication with Program and Academy Staff as required for the duration of my program.
- I acknowledge that I must stay with the Academy Squad in overnight situations in the accommodation provided.
- I will notify the Academy Staff of my travel arrangements to and from all Academy events.
- I agree to pay the specified Athlete contribution levy(s) established by the Academy, by the date determined, or as otherwise negotiated.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Athlete training and management policy, covering training, graduating, attendance and behaviour at Academy events
I acknowledge that I have carefully read all material provided by the Academy and will abide by the Athlete Code of Ethics and the Athlete
Scholarship Agreement and have truthfully completed all information requested.